Tuesday, March 18, 2014

IF God is Real...

Last month I attended a virtual conference in the basement of a complete stranger with her friends and a few other visitors like me.  It sounds totally sketchy, but it was awesome and reminded me of the way that the disciples traveled from town to town staying with people "of peace" that they didn't know, but trusted that the Lord would use the hospitality of strangers to bring a blessing.

And that's exactly what happened.  From the local host to the ladies in Texas that started the conference, The Lord brought a blessing & inspired a movement.  And I have to say that attending the IF: Gathering was a leap of faith in itself.  The description of the conference was vague.  I wasn't sure what to expect at all.  Also, the speakers came from diverse Christian backgrounds, so I was not sure that we would be on the same page with some teachings.  But my soul was pleasantly surprised.

The "un"conference conference idea was another iteration of a theme that I've seen a lot lately. Throwing off the things that hinder us to get back to the basics of getting to know Christ through His Word, understanding who we are through His Word, and understanding our place in this world and living accordingly. I liked it.  The ladies I joined after the conference were no longer strangers.  They were my sisters in Christ living as if God is real.

There's so much more I could say about the teaching, about the women in the room and on the screen, about the way that God brought me to one of seven couches in that basement.  But I won't for now.  I am still waiting to see how it all unfolds.

But for now, I will say that I left encouraged to dig into the Word even more, and burdened to find sisters to grow with in Christ--despite possible differences in our Christian walk.  After the conference, the phenomenal list of ladies including Jennie Allen, Ann Voskamp, Jen Hatmaker, Christine Caine, and so many other amazing Christian teachers have produced a daily devotional that makes it so easy to get into the Word and learn for yourself.  They call it IF: Equip, but I call it IF Snacks because if I'm feeling hungry, but don't have a lot of time, it's my go-to resource for Living Water.  It's a brief digestible section of the Bible that you read & answer three basic questions.  It's perfect to sustain you through the day or in addition to another study.

I hope to share some of the rich lessons and life-changing happenings as I continue to spend time in the Word through IF: Equip & I'm so excited to continue to build community with other women who are living as if God is real!

Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment