Monday, February 17, 2014

Family Meal: Healthy Baby Food muffins

My little guy is going through a picky eating stage. He was a terrific eater until he started his most recent teething phase. One of our favorite tricks we learned with our picky 3-year-old was to make everything into muffins. So in order to combat today's melt-down on a need-to-grocery-shop day, I used stuff we have  and really you can modify these however you want. 

Recipe: 
1 c flour
1 c quick oats
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. honey
1/2 c Cocunut oil (warmed)
1/2 c or 1 jar of baby food (I used sweet potato, but I think anything would work of they normally like the taste)
1 c applesauce 

Pre-heat oven to 350. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Pour in wet ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Spoon into muffin pan. I used mini muffin pan & cooked for 15 mins. Cook for 20-25 with larger pan. 

Let cool, then serve. 



No comments:

Post a Comment