Monday, December 2, 2013

30 Days of Gratitude: Christmas cheer

Day 30

I fell behind again, but for good reason. Trying to blog I real time leaves little room for exhaustion after hosting two Thanskgivings, sick babies, delayed construction projects, etc. 

But all the "issues" above are really just some of the consequences of blessings. We take the good with the bad, because even when life happens and we fall behind, Jesus is there-waiting for us to call upon Him to carry our burdens and give us joy. 

As Novemeber came to a close and December rushed in, I happily welcomed the customs and trappings that come along with the month-long celebration of Christmas-including lights, community and songs of celebration. 

While many shy away from "Jesus" this season, it's impossible for me to forget the gifts He has given me. This month will be a celebration of gifts and a continual desire to cultivate gratitude as a way of life. 

Merry Christmas! I hope you can find joy and experience Christ's gifts only He can offer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment