Monday, November 4, 2013

30 Days of Gratitude: Two are Better than One

Day 3

Today I thank God for the community of believers that I get to do life with.  A life with true friends who are willing to pray for you and lovingly "call you to the carpet" when you need to recognize areas of sin while loving you despite your numerous flaws is a blessing to not take for granted.  Even more, a life with people who are willing to allow you to be a part of their lives by allowing you to see their dirty kitchen & allow you to help when they fall are rare in this culture of independent, photoshopped lives.  

Over the past year, I worried about how my friendships would grow after we moved to a different area of town, but God showed up in big ways to bring people into our lives that I am eternally grateful for and while some of my friendships have changed since we don't see each other as often, I'm thankful for the time that we once shared.  It's amazing how God puts people in your life that leave a lasting influence. 

My amazing friend Emily, who lovingly brought me donuts &
washed my dishes while I was sleep deprived with a newborn. 
Two are better than one,
Because they have a good reward for their labor.
10 For if they fall, one will lift up his companion.
But woe to him who is alone when he falls,
For he has no one to help him up.
11 Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm;
But how can one be warm alone?
12 Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him.
And a threefold cord is not quickly broken.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

 Thank you friends for getting real & keeping my heart warm! 

No comments:

Post a Comment