Friday, September 6, 2013

Favorite Pair of Jeans

Some days when I'm contemplating the here and the now and where I want to be in the future, I think back to a season in my life that was free of doubt, free of guilt, full of opportunity and simply blissful.  Don't get me wrong, there were plenty of outside pressures and lots of details to nail down every day. During this season, I was a single mom to a toddler boy and day-to-day could have been a struggle, but it wasn't really.

There have been seasons in my life where I was just comfortable, like wearing my favorite pair of jeans comfortable.  You know, the ones that make you look great and are versatile enough to go with a cute pair of hills or your worn Rainbow flip flops.  I think these days, the jeans come in the form on an attitude of gratitude and wonder.

I can't go without giving credit to the Creator of life who has definitely provided an opportunity to be a steward of some resources which I am by no means entitled to.  I am so eternally grateful for blessing.  But we all have them right?

Some seasons we don't recognize it.  Sometimes we look in the mirror and see those old jeans as ratty and outdated.  Sometimes we see the new jeans and thing that's what we have to have to be fabulous.  But the reality is, we don't need someone else's blessings or a newer better blessing.  We have freakin' awesome, comfy jeans and we need to rock them!


No comments:

Post a Comment